Relationship of Body and Outside World

As I have developed a little more pratyahara–that is, ability to sense the inside of my body, such as the digestive system and lungs, I feel that the relationship of the inner and outer “worlds” is more and more mysterious. I believe Yogani has suggested something like eventually the whole world will be perceived as going on inside us. There is also the idea of a microcosm and macrocosm–e.g., the outer world is a reflection of the inner world and vice-versa. I am perhaps not advanced enough to perceive this.

What I do perceive is that there seems to be a correlation between sensitivity of perception to the inner world and sensitivity of perception of the outer world–that is, one perceives outer world stimuli with more nuance as one’s perception of the inside of the body grows. This could be said to indicate that the body’s inside is just part of the world and so we perceive it more clearly as our sensitivity in general grows.

On the other hand, the inside of the body seems vast the more clearly one begins to perceive it. It seems like it could, in fact, be as subjectively “big” as the whole world or that it exists in some kind of reciprocal relationship to the whole world rather than just being a small part of it. However, my powers of perception are not yet strong enough to grasp what this relationship is.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this? Thanks!

Dear Casey,

Eventually your outside becomes your inside and your inside, your outside - they become one and the same. However, there is much more to your inside than just the perception of this realm (our universe) and its forms. There are indications of astral worlds. Lighter realms and darker realms and their forms. You can have a sense of moving upwards or falling (from grace :laughing:) to move between realms, but there can also a sense of “opening the fabric of reality” from right where you are. “Opening the fabric of reality” does not lead to worlds as far as I can tell but to empty clarity and direct seeing of “I am That” - transcendence of mind, transcendence of space-time. You also evolve from that to recognition of the Real (what IS) as your Self.
What I sense may be on a microscopic level (cellular) is the “jewel in the lotus” - a crystallizing of your subtle body into a diamond.
I am talking too much and probably not being helpful.

Sey :pray:

2 Likes

Thinking (feeling) about it some more - realms are located in mind. Tearing open the fabric of reality is like the removal of the veil of mind, but the veil is itself the world. Behind that is empty clarity. Nothingness. But they come together again in a different relationship - as the Self - simultaneously present as one.

Sey :pray:

2 Likes