Is it possible to experience total silence?

I have been meditating for over 2 years, though the ‘depth’ (for lack of a better word) is probably less. I used to get itchy all over my body. The saliva in my mouth felt uncomfortable, among other obstacles. Now, those physical obstacles have mostly disappeared (though every now and then I still get itchy in random parts of my body).

I do 2 meditation sessions a day. It varies between 45 minutes to 20–30 minutes. Unless I am extremely tired, I stick to 2 sessions (morning and afternoon/evening).

I feel like I’ve made interesting progress in managing my emotions. I don’t cling to thoughts the way I used to. Emotionally, I might be in a ‘neutral’ state, though from time to time I can still get carried away by an emotion, albeit very fleetingly.

External noises while I meditate hardly bother me at all anymore (occasionally, I put on some background music or sounds to make the session feel more challenging). I can notice thoughts. Even when I’m not in a session, I try to return to the present over and over again whenever I notice a thought—either by focusing on my breath or by asking a question like ‘Who is observing the thought?’ or similar ones. I try to pay attention to the air entering my nostrils, as well as the space from one thought to another. Compared to 2024, when I started, I notice a very interesting change. The brain fog has decreased. I’m not on ‘autopilot’ the way I used to be, among other things.

Is it possible to experience absolute inner silence? And if the answer is yes: At what point does that happen?

I used AI for the translation for a better understanding. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello Atoma

It seems that all is going very well

Yes ( as you already experienced) one can experience total inner silence

But there is no answer for " at what point "

There is no at what point..it happens when it happens

Noting that since we are functioning in the world, the silence will not be dominant all the time

The goal is to reintegrate that silence in daily life

1 Like