![]()
In my view we all are experience things that we deserve… This life revolves around karma so people who are suffering are so because of bad deeds of the past life… After I started becoming more spiritual by meditation I realised that karma really exists. …God created us and we was neutral at start but we had free will and then felt for the temptation of life and then committed bad deeds and then suffering started occurring… so everything is on us… Every good thing or bad thing happening to us is because of us…As a child i always believed in god but some time ago i questioned if there was really god. … then i experienced glimpses of God and then everything is good… i was really nervous person n shy in life but now have totally changed… i would recommend doing ayp things and may be u will too experience and realize the answer to ur question. . Peace
I just don’t buy this. Old age and disease are suffering and they happen to everyone. Furthermore, bad things happen to good people and vice versa
Hi Tempest,
I don’t know the answers to your questions or what your situation is. I’ve had multiple children die in my family in the past few years. If I came on here and read some of the above responses while I was still raw, I wouldn’t be too happy about it.
I just see AYP as a movement towards Karma Yoga. Maybe we don’t know all the answers, but we are moving towards helping others as ourselves. I know a lot of the other posters are doing that in their own way. ![]()
Hey Lalow, I’m sorry to hear about your family’s children ![]()
You will not be able to make sense of this at an intellectual level, Tempest.
Have you ever been passionately in love with somebody? There are painful moments - absences, the occasional transgressions, things that hurt you. But you will not give it up because it makes you feel so happy and so alive. Now scale that up - way, way up - and imagine you’re in love with the Universe. There is pain, but the bliss is so exquisite you would not have it any other way.
I like your scaling system.
I wonder…how can we quantify these units of bliss and turn them into our new currency for the exchange of goods and services? Social and economic revolution. (Sorry, don’t try to answer that…totally off topic). ![]()
For lalow33:
“What do you think has become of the young and old men?
And what do you think has become of the women and
children?
They are alive and well somewhere,
The smallest sprout shows there is really no death,
And if ever there was it led forward life, and does not wait at
the end to arrest it,
And ceas’d the moment life appear’d.
All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses,
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and
luckier.” --W.W.